Wednesday 12 October 2016

Vehicle Design Approaches Part 7 - Main Character Lowpoly

Since I was far into the design of the main character's tank and the overall design was working pretty well I decided to get it's game model all finished now so I still have the 2 and a half weeks to focus on the rest of the level. Doing this model early on also will make it easier when I want to add customization later on.

The first thing I decided to do was to break down the tank into individual parts with spacing in between, I can then have an easier time baking out maps without everything catching data from other assets.


Image 1 is the layout of all the parts in the model. If I didn't layout the whole set of parts I would have so many individual boxes to low poly and uv map. The 2 different colours distinguish the separate texture sets.







Image 2 is the uvs, showing an even spread of texture resolution over the whole model.

These are some comparison shots of the High poly, low poly and low poly with baked normals. It held all the detail pretty well I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment