Friday 28 October 2016

3 Week project final update

I'm calling the 3 week project finished now. I have now added a start menu, level select and a bunch of other minor changes so I can make the game into a fully working packaged demo level. As I said in previous posts I'm really happy with the end result of this project and I'm not sure what I would have done different, I guess I could have tried out different types of bosses, but I decided to focus on one style of boss and improve upon that. 

Overall the game is really fun and I think I have sorted out all the problems that occur when it plays at a low framerate. Also turns out the game (played on my pc) goes from 100 fps in editor to 160+ when its a standalone executable so the game isn't anywhere near as demanding as it looks in editor, which is a relief.

I'm going to get some final play testing in on this version on Friday so see what people think about the nerfs to enemies and the design of the menus.

Here's some images of how the menus look.
























2 comments:

  1. Really cool job, man! The art is great, the play is solid and for a 3 week brief it's absolutely incredible.

    My only feedback was what I already gave you, hoping for some more interactive components in the stages and a little quirk in the main menu with showing off the upgrades the player has on the tank.

    Seriously, well done!

    ReplyDelete