Thursday 27 October 2016

Prototype Video P1

I took the game in for testing again on Wednesday and players found a few minor bugs with the character movement not registering properly on occasion. This has now been fixed, it was caused by the characters physics updating too slowly on machines running less than 60fps. The physics updating now happens 3 times as often so it should stop that problem.

Next it was really difficult (Which is what I want) but I think that some of the difficulty was just unfair, so I have increased fighter missile size by a 25% to make them a lot more visible and also based on feedback slowed the missiles by 20% so it's easier to react to a lot of them. 

The boss was even more difficult than the way to it so I have nerfed a few of the extra aspects of him. I've made it more rewarding to hit the weakpoint by 50% and nerfed every aspect of the turrets a small amount to make them less punishing. I will be speeding it back up for hardmode though as it felt about right for forcing players to make sure they are moving around properly. 

The last point about the boss is that everyone barely noticed the healthbar, I thought I could get away with having the basic hp bar but it just didn't. In the current version of the game I have a new pipe away from the boss that fills up as the fight starts and every time the boss is hit it flashes, it is substantially more noticeable than the old version.

At this point I'm pretty much finished with this level in terms of normal mode, so I'm going to work in implementing some menu's then move onto creating easy and hard difficult. As mentioned before hardmode will be at night and the players vision will be a cone of light aiming towards their reticle.

As far as results go for this 3 week project I'm very happy with where it has got to, I had a few problems with assets or programming not working but that was down to me screwing up more than something breaking. At the moment it lacks user interface like pause menus and such but they wont take long to get in over the main project.


Zip file of the second set of feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment