Tuesday 18 October 2016

Level Design Part 5 - Particles and Changelog started




Today I've begun doing some more visual work, mainly particles effects at the moment. I got a bit carried away in the end and made 14 of them but at least that's particles I don't have to make later !



The fire is is the only one that's used in engine as a scenery piece, the rest are explosions and such so I'll show them off in the next video sometime this week.




Finally I have sketched up what I want the boss to actually look like based off the prototype I made. I'm really happy with the way this is going at the moment in terms of the design of the boss.



14 new particle effects:

Debris
Enemy Bullet Trail
Enemy Missile Trail (long)
Enemy Missile Trail (Short)
Player Bullet Trail
Player Bullet Explosion
Enemy Energy Explosion
Enemy Rocket Explosion
Fire
Fire (With wind)
Huge Laser Charge
Small Laser Charge
Smoke
Basic Trail (For prototypes)

UI:

New Aiming Redical


The Adjudicator:

Fixed several bugs where the main laser would fire twice or spawn in the wrong area

No comments:

Post a Comment