Thursday 5 January 2017

Level Design Part 15 - Building Progress Part 2

All the level is finished in terms of structure now, only doorways and population left. I decided to have a gap between the entrance of the boss room and the room itself. This is so that I could have aspects like the introduction or dialogue happen with the player in the right place to start the fight.

The boss fight has turned out well in my opinion, it feels very over the top and has a nice balance of focus between fighting the arena and the boss. At the moment it is difficult to judge a few things, such as if the platforms are going to rotate but that will feel better once I have sounds to warn of it happening.

After thinking of the possibility of checkpoints I've came round to the idea as without it the game could become punishing instead of difficult.

I don't think I will get everything I want done by the 9th for the deadline but since we are not back in until the 18th I'm going to use that 9 days to polish as much as possible to get the demo build.

 Full view of the second half of the level.

The secret section underneath the second gauntlet. The hatch that opens it is very weak so 2-3 bullets in the right place will reward the player.

A small and simple platforming section is the part before the boss. It works as a breaker between combat sections without slowing down the players pace.

Boss room. 

Hack'nPlan


No comments:

Post a Comment