Wednesday 25 January 2017

Realistic Character Experiment - Initial Ideas


I want to take a little break from working on Dead Metal Punks, so I have decided to investigate how long it takes to make some sort of realistic character. This is to see if it would have been possible to make a game within my time frame in that style.

I have chosen to use an Aardwolf as a main inspiration for making this character.  I chose that animal because it's uncommon and lots of artist that use well known animals like rabbits/cats. Hopefully it will help the piece stand out more. 

Other than that, I want to go down the fantasy route (since my game is sci fi it will be a nice contrast) this is still a bit open whilst I experiment with different looks.
An initial idea for the overall character. The armour uses a lot of furs and the trims are made to mimic the stripes on an Aardwolf's body.
Some further ideas for hair, make up and ear placement. The one on the right stands out most to me at the moment, the very thick eyelashes give her eyes more definition and the hair using the lighter colours highlights it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment