Monday 19 June 2017

Dead Metal Punks - Level 13 Concord Starstation Part 7

First off I have changed some visual aspects of the player base as I really couldn't stand the walls. 

Here is some comparison shots of the the before (Top) and after (Bottom), I thought the bright walls were really messing with the contrast of the scene and made things less focused. I would have just darkened them textures but they still didnt look right as they were too chaotic to look correct. 

Aside from that change, I have added a lot more details to the mess on the floor, there are a lot of different decal textures including oil, water, sand, dirt and paint. I have added a light fog to push the depth of the scene and under the central ladder I have added some fake lighting gradients to darken the area (The lighting build always evenly lit that section) which again focuses the scene more. Finally, the spotlights all down the walls are now much sharper and also they contrast better with the slightly blue walls.


Even though the UI is the testing version in the old image the rest is how it looked until the changes.




Since I have all the enemy AI for this level now I went about doing some artistic refinements. The droppod turrets now have a second varient to their spawners that includes a puncture point that explodes open when the droppod crashes through it. This makes it look much better when the droppod is crashing though a building.

Also improved a few lightmaps for the spacestation meshes, there is now no odd black line inbetween some of the meshes so the modular pieces now fit seemlessly together.

No comments:

Post a Comment