Saturday 12 November 2016

UI Implementation P2 - Character level expansion


A quick update showing a new layout for the characters home. Initially I built the meshes in the same layout as the rough version previously posted, however I started to dislike how symmetrical it was and how boring it was as a single corridor. 

After thinking a bit more about what menus I needed inside the place I decided to make the place a bit more open and chaotic. The main new addition is most of the space on the top floor (originally it was just a simple walkway) which makes room for a load of possible objects to give the room more character. Also it gives me 2 possible locations for menus. At the moment I think I will leave this as is until I have the character customization implemented so I don't have to waste time fixing things later on.


In the main camera view the tank has been moved over a lot because I realized it as basically in the middle of the pathway. The camera has also been re positioned for a larger view because of the new second level and the re configuring of other assets.



This space is going to be used for a new set of gameplay customization. The idea came about after some feedback about the possibility of adding a gameplay speed slider that rewards players with bonuses if they play at a higher speed. I'm thinking of doing a few different customization for this so that players can tailor their difficulty more. I will still have an easy, normal and hard difficulty for each level though.


Inside this room is where i'm thinking of putting the character customization. I can see this room as either an armoury/dressing room or as the main characters bedroom. The first idea makes a bit more sense though just in case I decide later on to add multiple characters (I would have to create a bedroom for each one to keep it consistent otherwise).

No comments:

Post a Comment