Monday 8 May 2017

Dead Metal Punks - Concept Art Part 9 V12 Assault Bike

Finished the concept for the Assault Bike. This is for the 'boss' of the 4th level, which is a timed escape using the bike. Since I'm going for an 80's theme I decided to go with something inspired by Akira where they have a very low down position on a huge bike.

Through the design process I had a lot of difficulty with getting the colours to work. At first I tried doing it in the exact colour scheme as other Concord enemies, but it felt too noisy because of the different trims not complementing the curves of the design. In the end I decided to use the green trims as the main colour and the yellows/blacks as accents. It is still the concord colour scheme, just without the blue metal colour. 

I'm really happy with how this one turned out. I did spent a lot longer in the painting process compared to the other vehicle concepts, but it was fun to get back into full painting mode. 


Also here is the learning agreement for semester 2 in the poster. Might need to right click and view in new tab to see text (zoomed in)



No comments:

Post a Comment