Wednesday 8 February 2017

Realistic Character Experiment - Bust

Got onto the 3D part of the character now. In the end I decided on going with design 2 with a few minor differences, this was after a discussion with a friend where we both pretty much agreed that it was the most striking of the designs but needs one or two small additions to make it more oriental. 

This is the current sculpt for the head shape. It's a bit rough in places and I think the eye shape could still do with some work but the bone and muscle structures look to be correct. Next on the agenda is to get her body proportions correct and start basing in the clothing, then I will come back and fix the errors and add some smaller skin detailing.


Overall at this point, between the concept art and model I'm using a lot more reference material to get accuracy. Finding suitable references is a little time consuming but makes a lot of sense for creating realism. If I did create a realistic game for my project a lot more time would have to be spent studying preexisting content to make everything believable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment