Tuesday 21 March 2017

Dead Metal Punks - Planning


After talking to a tutor and looking back at what my research said it looks to be a much better idea to plan as much out as possible now, then make things later with a more efficient structure. Also doing this gives me a chance to plan out the ideal goals and also backup plans in case they turn out bad or are simply too difficult to make. 

A lot more of the initial planning is done now. Most of it could do with fleshing out, which I will do as I generate ideas and concept art for required assets. At first I was going to create a GDD but as found in my research I wouldn't really be worth it as I am a one man team, and I would have to transfer it all to HackN'Plan anyway.


Plan display of story. This is cut into sections that correspond to each environment. Atm the story is very bare bones, since I think is a lot less important than gameplay for this style of game, it's literally there just to give a bit of flavor to what the character is doing.

Inside each layer of the plan is a set of initial goals with estimated times. It was very time consuming to create this inside HackN'Plan but it is much easier to manage later down the line instead of a GDD. 

Inside each of these goals is a set of subtasks or notes to explain rough ideas that I need to flesh out.

For the rest of this week I think I will think up as many possible boss battles and level themes that could work for each level, then choose an ideal one (with another as back up) for each level. After that I will dabble in creating sketches and concept art for key assets.



No comments:

Post a Comment